Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Navigating Emotions for Parents e-book Review


Navigating Emotions for Parents is a collection of simple, in-the-moment mindfulness exercises to stop and change what we do when we feel upset so we can enjoy more time with our kids. Each exercise is only a page or two long and you can read one then practice it for a week or so and make it your own. By the end of the book you’ll have twenty useful tools to help you navigate the emotional waters of parenting.

Written by mom of five, meditation facilitator and parent educator Amy Phoenix, Navigating Emotions for Parents points the way to helping ourselves and our children implement alternatives to harshness when we feel frustration, anger and even rage. More details can be found at: http://presenceparenting.com/navigating-emotions-ebook/.


So what did I think of this book?

Honestly, at first I would say "this is some of the dumbest things I've ever read in my life. How could this possibly change the way I react?" But as I read the different sections, that was one of the excuses given as to why one may not succeed; we get in our own way. So I decided to put aside how I felt and try it for the sake of my children, first and foremost and then myself.

I really wanted to stop yelling so I decided to give it a try. I must say that even upon the first attempt upon implementing some of the methods given in the book, I noticed the difference; even if only because I felt too silly to be angry. I decided to try it for an entire week before even attempting to begin a review so I could give a fair assessment.

I must say that aside from the "prayer" in the book, I have been pleasantly surprised that these methods actually work. My children come talk to me freely with no fear of mommy being upset now.

So, thank you a million times!! If you are like the person I was that got easily annoyed and took out my frustrations on my children or blew up, please, I implore you to try this book for your own and your children's sake. Pick up your copy here .

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-41846615-1